08 October 2012

Contemplation: This Still Place for Awakening

After reviewing the guidelines for practice, take the following as your object of contemplation:

"With my wondrous, luminous understanding that neither comes into being nor ceases to be, I am identical to the Matrix of the Thus-Come One.  The Matrix of the Thus-Come One is itself the wondrous, enlightened, luminous understanding, which illuminates the entire Dharma-Realm.  Within it, therefore, the one is infinitely many and the infinitely many are one.  The great appears within the small, just as the small appears within the great. I sit unmoving in this still place for awakening, and my Dharma-body extends everywhere and encompasses the infinity of space in all ten directions.  On the tip of a fine hair, magnificent Buddha-lands appear.  Seated within each mote of dust, I turn the great Wheel of the Dharma.  Because I have freed myself from the world of perceived objects, I have become one with enlightenment.  Therefore the suchness of reality manifests--the inherent nature that is wondrous, luminous, and awake."

Surangama Sutra, p. 155

No comments:

Post a Comment