05 July 2011

Jikan's Office Hour: District of Columbia Edition

This is an ongoing event I lead at different locations, this time in the heart of Washington, DC by popular request. The idea behind it is to give a venue for Dharma discussion beyond what we have time or space for during our Wednesday night sangha meetings, and to help build sangha connections. Everyone is welcome. Here is the format:

I will meet with whomever shows up and has an earnest question about Buddhism, and offer whatever help I can, on a first-come, first-served basis, or as a group discussion. Students, if you are interested in this, please come prepared with at least one good question.

Practically speaking, if only one person is around, then I will work with that person until time is up or I am out of coffee. But I would really prefer to make sure everyone with a question gets heard. The format should be dialogic. If you feel you need to speak with me privately, that can be arranged at another time and in another venue. If you need help understanding something you are reading, please email me in advance what you would like to ask me about, so I can come prepared.

Please meet me at 1pm on Saturday, July 30, 2011, in the Kogod courtyard at the National Portrait Gallery in Washington, DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment